UTI Highland Located in the western part of Arunachal Pradesh, UTI Highland is a hidden gem that has started to gain popularity among adventure enthusiasts and nature lovers. UTI Highland is a protected area that is spread across an area of 1400 sq km, and is home to a wide variety of flora and fauna, including some rare and endangered species.
What is UTI Highland:
UTI Highland The area is surrounded by the Himalayas, and the landscape is dominated by snow-capped mountains, dense forests, and gushing rivers. In this article, we will delve deeper into the UTI Highland and explore the various activities that you can indulge in during your visit.
Getting to UTI Highland:
The nearest airport to UTI Highland is at Tezpur, which is around 220 km away. The nearest railway station is at Harmuty, which is around 90 km away. From Tezpur or Harmuty, you can hire a taxi or take a bus to reach UTI Highland. The journey is scenic, and you will be able to enjoy the beautiful landscape of the region.
Activities to do in UTI Highland:
- Trekking: UTI Highland is a trekker’s paradise, and there are many trekking routes that you can take depending on your fitness level and the duration of your stay. The most popular trekking route is the one that takes you to the Pangey Valley. The trek is moderate, and it takes around 3-4 days to complete. Along the way, you will come across beautiful waterfalls, pristine lakes, and dense forests. The view from the top of the Pangey Valley is breathtaking, and you will be able to see the snow-capped mountains in the distance.
- Wildlife Safari: UTI Highland is home to a wide variety of wildlife, including some rare and endangered species. You can take a wildlife safari through the forest to spot animals such as the Bengal tiger, clouded leopard, red panda, and elephant. The best time to go for a wildlife safari is early in the morning or late in the afternoon when the animals are most active.
- River Rafting: The rivers in and around UTI Highland are perfect for river rafting. The Subansiri River is the most popular river for rafting, and it offers rapids of different grades. The river runs through dense forests, and you will be able to see a variety of birds and animals along the way.
- Camping: Camping is a popular activity in UTI Highland, and there are many camping sites that are spread across the area. You can camp near a river, on the banks of a lake, or on a mountain top. Camping is the perfect way to experience the beauty of nature and to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life.
- Bird Watching: UTI Highland is home to over 400 species of birds, and it is a paradise for bird watchers. You can spot birds such as the Himalayan Monal, Blood Pheasant, and the Great Hornbill. The best time to go bird watching is early in the morning or late in the afternoon.
There are several accommodation options in and around UTI Highland. You can choose to stay in a forest lodge, a guesthouse, or a campsite. The accommodation options are basic but comfortable, and they offer a unique experience of living close to nature.
Best Time to Visit:
The best time to visit UTI Highland is from October to April when the weather is pleasant, and the skies are clear. During the monsoon season, the roads leading to UTI Highland become slippery and are prone to landslides, which can make the journey dangerous.
UTI Highland How Its Work?
UTI Highland is a protected area that is managed by the Arunachal Pradesh Forest Department. The primary objective of the management of UTI Highland is to conserve the flora and fauna of the area and to promote sustainable tourism. The management of UTI Highland is carried out through a variety of measures, including:
- Conservation of Biodiversity: UTI Highland is home to a wide variety of flora and fauna, including some rare and endangered species. The forest department takes measures to conserve the biodiversity of the area by implementing strict rules and regulations regarding hunting, poaching, and other illegal activities. The forest department also carries out regular surveys and studies to monitor the population of various species and to identify any threats to their survival.
- Ecotourism: UTI Highland is a popular destination for nature enthusiasts and adventure seekers. The forest department promotes ecotourism in the area by providing various facilities such as trekking routes, wildlife safaris, river rafting, and camping sites. The forest department also ensures that the tourism activities do not harm the environment or the wildlife of the area.
- Community Participation: The local communities living around UTI Highland are an important stakeholder in the management of the area. The forest department involves the local communities in the management of the area through various initiatives such as community-based ecotourism, training programs, and capacity building programs. The involvement of the local communities ensures that the management of UTI Highland is sustainable and takes into account the needs and aspirations of the local people.
- Research and Development: The forest department carries out regular research and development activities to improve the management of UTI Highland. The research activities include studies on the biodiversity of the area, the impact of tourism on the environment, and the effectiveness of various conservation measures. The research findings are used to improve the management strategies and to ensure that UTI Highland is conserved for future generations.
In conclusion, UTI Highland is a protected area that is managed by the Arunachal Pradesh Forest Department. The management of UTI Highland is carried out through various measures such as t
If you want to get amazing benefits by using this link
The conservation of biodiversity, promotion of ecotourism, community participation, and research and development activities. The management strategies ensure that UTI Highland is conserved for future generations and that the tourism activities in the area are sustainable and do not harm the environment or the wildlife of the area.