With the world going crazy using online services, Webinars Services are the most preferred choice among all. Webinars have many advantages as well as features that can easily attract the attention of the virtual audience.
Keeping this in mind, let’s explore two of the most popular category of webinars. Live & Pre-Recorded. This blog is all about finding key differences between both of these. In addition to this, we’ll also cover some of the striking features of these platforms.
Webinar Services – A Quick Introduction to To Them
The webinar is defined as something which is happening over the web. This is a type of video session that involves the participation of a virtual audience and presenters. Additionally, it also involves special features such as live polling, customizable features, handouts, and much more.
With the help of a good webinar platform, you can easily share your content in any type of format which includes – audio files, video files, textual information, etc. The services comprise a service provider most probably supports low-latency streaming for better video quality.
Now, we’ll describe each of the categories of webinars for a better understanding of their functionality and area of use –
What Is a Live Webinar?
A much simpler answer to this is a live webinar is an online session that happens in real-time. That means it cannot be viewed later by the audience with their own scheduling and timing. The basic functionality of these types of webinars includes all three types of audio, video, and screen-sharing options.
These sessions put more effort to catch the attention of their target audience. Additionally, they use interactive features like – real-time feedback, live questioning by the audience in case of any queries, polling, handouts, and much more.
While hosting the live webinar session on an online webinar platform, the presence of a host is a must. He’s the one who will start the session, will be there in between for active participation by the audience, and end the webinar on a good note.
Notably, post-event feedback collection work is also the responsibility of the host only. In addition to this, this whole session does not include any edits or polishing before delivering the content to the audience. In Fact, the audience feels more connected with the host as the delivery is purely in raw form.
What Is a Pre-Recorded Webinar?
As its name suggests, a Pre-recoded webinar is not for the live audience, in fact, it is used to watch afterwards. Those audiences, who want the content to consume at their convenience choose this category.
The recording takes place live and then saved to the device as any other video. The video is editable and polishable before the final delivery to the audience. However, pre-records allows the basic functionality of a live webinar such as polling, interaction activities, etc. sometimes, these webinars are also called On-Demand Webinars.
Highlighting Some Key Differences Between Live & On-Demand Webinars
Pros of Pre-Recorded Webinars
- With the help of some best On-Demand webinar platforms, these sessions can be made super engaging with good-quality streaming without any error whatsoever.
- With many customization options available, these webinars offer the experience as if they are live to their audience. Additionally, they included automated Polls, Q&A, and much more.
- On-demand webinars are a mix of pre-records with live feelings. On-demand is basically a subset of pre-recorded content. They allow you to promote a webinar that is currently taking place now and direct anyone who hits the advertisement to a pre-record that they were lucky enough just to access before the webinar began. This enables a constant stream of reliable leads to come in.
- The host can, however, host the webinar in a manner that prevents it from seeming pre-recorded in the future with the correct instruction and skills. The viewers won’t be able to tell the difference between a live and pre-recorded webcast if they avoid things like date stamps, saying something that recently occurred, and other things of that nature.
Cons of Pre-Recorded Webinars
- A previously covered may require many takes to complete, especially when it comes to eliminating date stamps and other indicators that the webinar is out of date. It may be challenging to master this talent because it only takes one error to ruin a live webinar. In fact, make it as useless as a pre-recorded session.
- It’s simple to get sloppy and run the same pre-record every month, expecting nothing to go wrong. Additionally, there is no host available to remedy a technical malfunction or software failure, which would ruin the entire operation.
You now understand the differences between live and recorded webinars, when to use each, and their advantages and disadvantages. Choosing the appropriate style of the best webinar platform will ensure that your message effectively reaches the target audience. Use this information to your advantage the next time you have a webinar to ensure that it is as effective as possible.
One Thought to “Top 5 Differences Between Pre-recorded And Live Webinars in 2023”
[…] https://infenca.com/ […]